Fall is finally, mercifully, wiggling its way in here in Vegas. We had some beautiful days in the 70’s before the weather snuck back up a little for the past few days, but I think we’re in the clear now. I’ve had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season and I’ve even pulled out my fall candles to situate around the house. I’m ready, fall.
I’m kind of in awe that I read as much as I did in September, considering all that I had going on. I do know that there were no long periods of reading. Instead, there were stolen moments here and there.
What I read in September:
- OUR MAGIC HOUR by Jennifer Down — Tender, heartbreaking, hopeful and honest. Such a beautiful book.
- LITTLE & LION by Brandy Colbert — This book kind of snuck up on me. I mean; I kind of knew what I was in for–this being a book about mental health and all–but it started slowly, sweetly, and then shocked me with how deeply it dove into issues of sexuality. A must-read for all young adults.
- LIES SHE TOLD by Cate Holahan — Definitely on the lighter side of suspense, but incredibly fun to read. I read this one over a weekend.
- BREAK LINE by Sarah E. Green — Read my thoughts here.
Here’s what I’m currently reading:
- What Happened by Hillary Rodham Clinton — Reading this one slowly so I don’t miss a thing.